HMRC enquiry activity is at record levels as they are targeted to increase tax revenues and have been granted wider information and inspection powers under ‘Schedule 36’.
Anyone who pays tax can come under enquiry and many enquiries are selected completely at random.
Even if your tax return and business records are accurate and the taxman finds no errors, your accountant’s fees can cost thousands.
Our low cost policy
The fee protection service from Cruse + Burke provides complete peace of mind. There is no policy excess.
If you receive an enquiry for HMRC, Cruse + Burke will defend you and the professional defence costs (which can mount up) are covered by the policy. The policy covers our fees for:
- The handling of any claims across all areas of tax, not just VAT, including personal tax as well as corporation tax
- All enquiry correspondence from HMRC
- Attending meetings with HMRC where necessary
- Enquiries under HMRC’s ‘Schedule 36’ powers
- Complimentary access to Employment Law and Health & Safety advice lines
This service is available for a very low fee to Cruse & Burke clients. Call us on 020 8686 8876 to find out more.
The policy does not cover the following:
- Routine compliance work, such as preparing your tax return
- Any tax, interest or penalties due
- Criminal prosecutions and fraud
- Enquiries commenced prior to subscribing to the service